torsdag den 6. august 2015

Beijing - Day one

I arrived at Beijing the 2nd of July and I did not get much sleep on the airplanes - you know.. With all the movies and games on the screen right in front of you the temptation on staying awake is hard to resist - so when I arrived at the hostel I had booked before take off I crashed into my bed and slept for 16 hours and that did not even feel like enough rest. I was up very early though to go to the Forbidden City (The Forbidden City post). My hostels lokation was a 10 minute walk from the Tiananmen Square so there was no problems in walking to the place. I came across some cool places:

Right before the Qianmen Dajie

Meishi Jie not far from my Hostle

Shopping on Qianmen Dajie

The entrance of Qianmen Dajie

Shopping on Qianmen Dajie

Shopping on Dazhalan Jie

Silk Market on Dazhalan Jie


The first food in 20 hours and of course my breakfast of the 3rd of July - Dumblings! Yummy
After a lot of fun around the streets of where I lived and after visiting the Forbidden City I found this shop where everything was cheap. It is kind of like "Tiger" vi have in Denmark - just cheaper.

I have to tell this one little thing before I keep telling you about the China trip:
Selfies and stuff including taking selfies is far from my style. I do not take a lot of selfies my self and definitely not in public. When I do take a selfie I am in my room or totally alone in my parents house and I would never in my life buy anything that can help me take a selfie.
One with the story..

Never say never... I keep running into these kinds of situations where I stop and think something like "once I said that I would never use/buy/do this thing that I am doing now". And this is one of them because I did go buy a selfie-stick and to be even more outrageous about the situation I bought it in pink. The thing was U G L Y but since I was unable to ask anyone and I did not have anyone with me I had to get this stick to get some good pictures of myself on my solo travel to China.

-- Some of my "famous" selfies --



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar